Callum James Littlemore
Everyone should be able to go about their lives without fear of discrimination or abuse. Sadly, hate crimes are on the rise and too many no longer feel safe in their communities.
People are crying out for change and desperately want to see more visible policing, particularly in areas that often feel forgotten about.
I will fight to keep our communities safe, by introducing tried and tested measures and working with local communities to tackle anti-social behaviour and reduce reoffending.
If elected on May 6th, my main priorities will be:
- More visible policing to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour, especially in communities that feel left behind in terms of the policing presence, by recruiting more PCSOs and police officers.
- Support the victims of crime and witnesses with quality and timely support to help repair harm done and rebuild lives.
- Halting the use of invasive facial recognition technology on day one.
- More restorative justice and community sentencing for less serious offences.
- Diverting resources to targeting drug trafficking rather than drug possession offences.
- Tackle hate crime, including by making it easier to report incidents and investing in support services.
- Reduce re-offending by working with employers, education & health services to reintegrate ex-offenders into society through access to housing, jobs, apprenticeships, voluntary work & training.
- Resist draconian and dangerous attempts to subject marginalised communities to even more disproportionate policing.
- Publish a strategy on tackling race inequality in the criminal justice system.
- Resist attempts to curb our right to protest.
Published and promoted by Claire Halliwell on behalf of Callum Littlemore (Welsh Liberal Democrats), 15th Floor, Brunel House, 2 Fitzalan Road, Cardiff, CF24 0EB.