Choose my PCC
Christopher Ian Jones
I have wide experience at work and as a Councillor, making me highly qualified to be your PCC.
- I am a member of the scrutiny panels for Police and Crime and for the Tees Valley Combined Authority, so am fully conversant with policing in Cleveland and any interaction with local government.
- I have managed large teams and £mil budgets for a major social housing company, so understand how large organisations operate.
My robust Police and Crime Plan aims to take Cleveland into the top group of UK Forces within 5 years. Rebuilding will take time, but the following measures would give a solid foundation.
- Establishing, as a priority, policing at the heart of communities through a visible police presence. The Force must work smarter to ensure more time is spent policing on the street.
- Developing a closer partnership within the criminal justice system including the probation service, prisons, health care professionals and charities.
- Focusing on the treatment of drug use instead of principally on punishment to reduce drug related crime.
- Ensuring that the identification of, responding to and safeguarding of vulnerable children is a priority.
- Investing in youth services to tackle a major cause of crime on a long term basis.
- Introducing a public health approach to the problem of youth violence – identifying and treating risk factors not just focusing on the end result.
- Working with victim support groups to deliver the best possible support for victims.
- Making the force more responsive to mental health issues by establishing better contact with external mental health organisations.
- Improving and properly funding the supervision of offenders in the community to reduce re-offending.
Honesty and transparency would be paramount in all my activities.
Prepared by G Kidd, Election Agent for C Jones, both of 22, The Grove, Guisborough TS14 8BG
Contact details FaceBook page : Vote for Chris Jones on 6th May
Other candidates in Cleveland
Find out the results for your area by searching below: